Over the past two months Hamilton By Design have been test driving Buildworks 2012 for Structural Design a Solidworks add in, after extensive testing the team at Hamilton By Design have rated the Builtworks benefits in terms of must haves through to nice to haves when modelling Structural Design for structural steel to produce fabrication shop drawings :
- BuiltWorks uses embedded SolidWorks and add in modelling tools that facilitate the creation of a 3D parametric model of a structure under design by using SolidWorks Weldment and BuiltWorks Structural members both in Part and Assembly.
- BuiltWorks has flexible tools for the modelling of member connections including rule definitions engine by setting relations, aligning, cutting, placing connection plates and fasteners. BuiltWorks contains standard connections libraries, easily expanded by new customised solutions.
- BuiltWorks ensures the direct and seamless bi-directional integration between the SolidWorks graphics environment and SolidWorks Simulation for the FE analysis of steel structure in addition to leading third party Structural analysis and design application like STAAD.Pro and others.
- BuiltWorks as a software product was developed to meet the AEC, Structural and Plant industries requirements for high performance flexible and versatile tools that include extended integration capabilities to leading CAD/CAE,CAM Software.
- BuiltWorks allows user controlled and automatic generation of design stage general arrangement drawings, detailed fabrication drawings of steel assemblies’ as well as component workshop drawings and BOMs by Building rules and standards.
Hamilton By Design cost effective structural steel shop drawings.